Sunday, October 10, 2010

and the chocolate continues...

I took a bit of a hiatus, thanks to "life" getting in the way.  However, upon my return, I couldn't help but make another chocolate recipe!  Let me explain one itty-bitty detail about me... I am not the world's biggest chocolate fan.  In fact, I tend to shy away from it.  Strange, right?  But it seems the last few weeks, chocolate has been on my mind. (No, not pregnant... I think it's a phase).  I found a super yummy chocolate cookie recipe with white chocolate chips.  I adore white chocolate!  White Hot Cocoa, White Mocha Lattes, anything white chocolate!  This cookie recipe has the best of both worlds:  gooey brownie-like chocolate cookie AND white chocolate.  Heaven!!


White Chocolate Chocolate Cookies
Recipe from All Recipes

1 C unsalted butter
1 C white sugar
3/4 C packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 C flour
2 t baking soda
2 C white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease your cookie sheets.  In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs.  Make sure to add them one at a time, combine well before adding the 2nd one.  Combine the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda in a separate bowl.  Slowly add the cocoa powder mixture to the butter mixture.  Stir until well-combined.  Gently fold in the white chocolate chips.  Drop rounded spoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheets.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.  Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheets and then place on cooling racks to cool entirely.

I used heaping spoonfuls and made larger cookies.  They took about 10 minutes to bake, but remember baking time will vary from oven to oven.

I bet these would taste super-yummy mixed in with vanilla ice cream!  I think I will try that right now...

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment