Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Brownie Love

I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but brownies are my chocolaty weakness.  Let me rephrase that. Brownies are my ultimate dessert weakness.  I can never pass up a delightfully moist and chewy brownie.  Just thinking about the brownie melting in my mouth is enough to cause an intense craving that is only satisfied by baking up a box of brownie goodness.  Yes, you read that correctly. A box of brownie goodness.  Up until now, I only made box brownies.  My obsession with brownies has moved to a whole different level since finding a super yummy brownie recipe in the book Baking Unplugged by Nicole Rees.

I thought the easiest way to make delicious brownies was from a box.  I. was. wrong. This recipe is not only fast, it's incredibly easy too!  This is also the first recipe I've ever made that calls for all the ingredients to be added to the melted butter in a saucepan.  Talk about easy!  One bowl to mess up, not a few!  Hallelujah!

The brownies turned out absolutely perfect! And that's not an exaggeration.  These brownies are the best brownies I have ever had (not to toot my own horn...).  Moist, chewy, and perfectly chocolate.  Try them yourself with the recipe below!



Moist & Chewy Brownies

Recipe from:

Rees, Nicole. Baking Unplugged. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2009.

1 C unsalted buter
2 C sugar
4 Large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2/3 C all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9" square baking pan. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat. Beat in the sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and salt until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the cocoa powder and then the flour until smooth and uniform, about 30 seconds.

Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted towards the center comes out mostly clean.

Allow to cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment